We seek, wherever possible, to offer all visitors and users of the Cathedral equality of access.
- We want to make the Cathedral more welcoming and helpful, breaking down barriers which may have in the past excluded some people.
- We welcome the opinions and advice of people with problems of access and, where appropriate, their carers.
- We will try to offer appropriate support to anyone who has problems of access and to their families.
TO THIS END
We have undertaken an access audit to identify barriers which prevent anyone from:
- gaining physical access to the Cathedral and reaching all parts of the building.
- being fully welcome and able to take a full part in services, groups and meetings.
As far as possible we intend to remove any remaining such barriers as resources permit.
We are offering appropriate training to Cathedral personnel to increase their awareness of the needs of people with problems of access, to help them to improve their care.